By submitting a paper to Journal of Jazz Studies (either by uploading it here or sending it directly to the editors), I agree to the ENTIRE Journal of Jazz Studies Author's Agreement below:
The journal JOURNAL OF JAZZ STUDIES (JJS) accepts exclusive submissions of original manuscripts that have not been previously published and are not forthcoming in print or online in a scholarly journal, book, or other publishing format. When submitting, Authors agree not to submit a manuscript for electronic or print publication in another journal until JJS decides to accept or reject it, or until the Author withdraws this submission.
Authors own the copyright to their articles. The authors have, however, consented to the following provisions associated with their copyright:
1. Authors grant JJS the right to publish and archive their articles for an unlimited time and to make their articles available to readers (see item 2 below) on the World Wide Web, or through whatever medium JJS determines is best to accomplish its purposes, whether the medium is now known or developed in the future.
2. Authors agree that JJS is an open access journal made available by a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 United StatesLicense (read the full license legal code). Under this license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their articles, but allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, distribute, and/or copy or quote articles in JJS so long as the original authors and source are cited, and the use is noncommercial. *Permission is required only for commercial or other uses not permitted by the Creative Commons license.*
3. To help maintain the distinctive nature of JJS and the tradition of scholarly publications, for one year from the date of initial publication in JJS, authors are encouraged not to publish their article in any other scholarly journal, print or online—either open access or non-open-access.
4. Authors agree to let JJS use their articles to create compilations for sale that consist of selected articles from JJS journal for the sole purpose of financially supporting the continuing publication of JJS.
5. Authors agree to let JJS provide articles to document delivery services and abstracting indexing services.
1. The First Author is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the data, facts, references, and copyediting in his or her submission and for securing co-author agreement to the terms of JJS "Copyright" policy above and all other journal policies.
2. Authors are responsible for obtaining the proper permissions to use material, INCLUDING ALL ILLUSTRATIONS in their articles for which they do not own copyright and which is not covered by Fair Use.
3. All authors warrant that an article contains no material which violates any copyright belonging to any third party, or which is defamatory, an invasion of privacy, or otherwise illegal.
4. Authors shall indemnify and hold JJS, the Rutgers University Libraries, the Institute of Jazz Studies, the New Jersey Department of State, and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey harmless from any claims that a manuscript and/or an article infringes a third party's copyright or contains inaccurate, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful material or constitutes an invasion of privacy.
Unless otherwise noted, all articles in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 Unported License.